1/2 or 3/4 inch gas pipe

Sponsored Links
Assuming that it's 3/4 inch I presume that it could be used to replace a 15mm feed into a 12kw new boiler, the diameter would be slightly less than 22mm but should be ok?

Sponsored Links
As long as it isn't a stupidly long run with lots of bends then the pressure drop should be OK- BUT it's buried in a wall, has it been live all these years, is it rusted to whatever somewhere inaccessible- personally I'd have a nice new copper feed put in for the gas with the boiler.

Wise words OBND, but I was trying to avoid a new pipe run. 12 mtres from meter just outside front door to kitchen where the 15mm boiler pipe and the one in the picture are located.

Mmm. End of the day it'll be up to whoever fits the boiler. Kitchen floor is (presumably) solid, have you got any access under floorboards ground or 1st floor?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back