1 boiler or 2

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi newbie here.
I'm a sparky but have a general heating question.
I recently bought a bungalow and looking to extend to a 2nd floor....
Would i be better off with 1 large boiler or 2 smaller boilers for efficiencies.
As bungalows have quite a large footprint it might pay me better to run a downstairs 24kw ideal logic and an upstairs one as the cost for 2 work out at the same as one c35.
I'm thinking zones and of course only running upstairs when needed. I know i can do the same with valves but I'm also about demand?
Thanks

Sponsored Links
it is the HW requirements that are more important than the radiator requirements when deciding which boiler to choose

Hi Ok
well there will be a bathroom downstairs, a gas hob, a bathroom and an ensuite upstairs.
From experience I always thought more than a couple of showers would be a lot for a combi...
Also it not really which boiler to choose its whether to have 1 or 2
ie one supplying heat and hot water upstairs and the equivalent for the kitchen bathroom and heating downstairs...

If its not altering costs too much I would always go for the 2 seperate units, purely from the stand point that if one breaks down you still have half a hot house and hot water on demand. Also will be more more convinient for hot water use as there supplying seperate areas.

Although you have to bear in mind the costs of servicing and repairing 2 units as opposed to one when it comes to longer term budget.

Sponsored Links
1 ideal logic 7 year warranty 24 kw £540 inc vat x 2 £1080
1 ideal logic 7 year warranty 35 kw £1240

That was my thought too cheaper initial outlay servicing mot much more as would out them side by side and know the right lads at work plus with that warranty pays for itself

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back