1 cold radiator

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi new here so please bare with me.
I have a little DIY knowledge, often a dangerous thing though..lol

I have a downstairs cloakroom radiator that refuses to get hot. bled it, shut all others of to push air around, disconnected feed to it to allow larger air to travel down to it. Still nothing. system on or off not a dicky bird. radiator feed and balance pipes both flow radiator has been of, emtied refilled and no blockages? condenser boiler with all radiators trv'd except this one.

Sponsored Links
If you have removed the rad and flushed the inlet & outlet, then are you sure it is correc tly piped? i.e. do the inlet & outlet connect to the same pipe further back ? logically if you have done what you say then it should now work! :confused:

Can I just clarify you have done the following:

1) Turned off all the other radiators with your central heating on full. (Did your boiler cut off when you done this?)

2) Taken the 'cold' radiator off and flushed it through. (Was it dirty?)

3) When your radiator was off did you open up both of the valves and check you had an adequate water flow through them BOTH. (If so, again was it dirty?)

.. Did the radiator used to get hot, or has it never got hot?

Sponsored Links
Have you checked that both lockshields actually open as i have has some that even though they look open the valve its self is still shut in the valve body quite common with stop cocks ect...

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back