1 hole sink to 2 hole taps?

26 Feb 2003
Reaction score
United Kingdom
Hello I currently have a 2 hole sink that needs replacing so i bought a 1 hole sink for a mixer tap but the piping going to the sink leaves no room for flexible piping or whatever to put a 1 hole mixer in as the piping runs vertical from the sink and just has a U bend and then about 1" to the tap thread.

Now other than repiping all the way from the main which is also level with the sink what can I do, nowhere seems to sell 1.5 bowl sinks with more than 1 hole (can I simply create the 2 holes in the sink and just slot in a double tap to it?)

Thanks for any answers.

Confused :!:
Sponsored Links
Nope, I would reroute the pipes, if you can't manage that get someone to do it for you who can. It would be a useless plumber for whom this was anything difficult.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links