1 off bang

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a really annoying bang that I can't locate. I have turned off the central heating and it still is happening. It isnt connected to taps or washer and it happens at different times of the day. It seems to be coming from underneath the floor but I cant be sure. I have had a plumber out but because the noise didnt happen whilst he was here he said he couldnt do anything,big help he was! Can anyone advise :(

Sponsored Links
If it didn't bang while he was there how is he supposed to fix the problem?

Be fair.

I would suggest a loose pipe and water hammer; but without hearing the sound its impossible to say.

One girl's bang is another man's crash.

;)

Have any illegal immigrants got trapped under your floor and are trying to attract attention?

I really dont understand why you expected the plumber to be able to do anything. You have already said you dont think its anything to do with any taps.

Are you near a prison where they are tunneling to get out?

Tony

debie said:
Can anyone advise :(
Can you give any more information?

What type of house?

What type of floor?

How loud is the bang?

How long has this been happening?

Have you had any work done recently?

Agile said:
Have any illegal immigrants got trapped under your floor and are trying to attract attention?

I really dont understand why you expected the plumber to be able to do anything. You have already said you dont think its anything to do with any taps.

Are you near a prison where they are tunneling to get out?
Is this what you call positive? :rolleyes:

Sponsored Links
Don't quite see what hypocracy has to do with anything, but I think it is time for the OP to come back for some help rather than us lot start a meaningless slanging match. You can always start your own thread for that, or go to Screwfix - they like that cr@p over there.

Dan_Robinson said:
Don't quite see what hypocracy has to do with anything...
It has everything to do with being unamusing and hypocritical - I'd have thought that would be obvious.

..but I think it is time for the OP to come back for some help rather than us lot start a meaningless slanging match.
Nothing is without meaning.

Turn off the main stopcock and see if it still happens, to rule out the washer in the stopcock.

Maybe water hammer from next door travelling through pipes. Is house semi-detached?

8 ethnic doctors 3 bombs no deaths
1 harold shipman 1 shringe 300 dead ..............................proud to be british

She might have a terraced house with a water main pipe shared with a neighbour on one side!

She needs to find how her water supply comes into the house from outside and turn it off outside the house and see if it affects any neighbours.

If its a shared supply it will not mean anything if it is only turned off inside the house.

Tony

doyle said:

8 ethnic doctors 3 bombs no deaths
1 harold shipman 1 shringe 300 dead ..............................proud to be british
:eek: Goodness, Gracious Me :eek:

Agile said:
She might have a terraced house with a water main pipe shared with a neighbour on one side!

She needs to find how her water supply comes into the house from outside and turn it off outside the house and see if it affects any neighbours.

If its a shared supply it will not mean anything if it is only turned off inside the house.

Tony

And I wrote
Turn off the main stopcock and see if it still happens, to rule out the washer in the stopcock.

Maybe water hammer from next door travelling through pipes. Is house semi-detached?

Turning off the main stopcock will rule out her stopcock if the noise persists. But could mean the stopcock is at fault if the noise stops, it's an easy first step.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back