1 radatior heats up,water heats but other ones are like ice

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
:( Please help i am a single mum and i really do not have money 2 call a plumber out if this is something i can fix myself!

My heating has been off all summer but now i tried puting it on it wood not work.The water heats up and one radiator gets warm but the rest do not.I tried bleeding the radiators a few of them seemed empty it took ages for water to come out now water comes out of them all.
I am stuck for ideas on wat to do next i have read on these forums about a pump that i could try turning on and off but i hac=ve not a clue were to find this.
I have an oil fired central heating system in a two storey semi my hot press is down stairs which i always found weird and if the heating shud be one the hot press gets roasting but the radiators do not1

please help i am a very cold single mum and my little boy hates wearing slippers i need heat fast

Sponsored Links
Have you got thermostatic valves on your radiators? If so the pins may have stuck down. Remove the numbered heads and tap gently with a hammer.

Another thought is that you have a gravity hw system which is why you have hot water and the rad that gets hot is in the bathroom, which could als be on the gravity primary circuit and your pump has stuck.

I tnink this second option is most likely.

Put a towel under the pump and undo the large silver screw in the middle. Insert a flat bladed screwdrive in this hole, locate it in the slot and try to turn the pump.

Hopefully this will free it for you.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back