10' x 8' Breeze Block Shed/Office

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I want to build a breeze block shed/office which would sit on an area approx 10x8.

Would standard hardcore then concrete base with reinforcing mesh be ok to build on?

I'd just like to know which options I have, it doesnt have to be breeze block but I just thought it would be easier and cheaper as its not too heavy. But I'm open to the idea of timber frame if need be.

Sponsored Links
build it off a normal strip footing. Its a bit more work but trying to waterproof the wall/slab junction on a raft footing is incredible difficult to do right.

build it off a normal strip footing. Its a bit more work but trying to waterproof the wall/slab junction on a raft footing is incredible difficult to do right.

Sorry to jump in on this thread but what's 'strip footing'?

Also does a block shed need planning permission?

Sorry to jump in on this thread but what's 'strip footing'?

Also does a block shed need planning permission?

Strip footings are basically trenches filled with concrete dug to the correct depth and width on which you can build the blockwork. This is as opposed to building an entire slab of concrete then building on that.

The experts here (perhaps in BUILDING) will advise you as to the correct depth/width/mix etc.

As for permissions, see below.

B

http://www.planningportal.gov.uk/permission/commonprojects/outbuildings

Sponsored Links
Depending on what the ground is like, what kind of load the workshop will have and the type and number of trees around you might be better of with a raft than strip.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back