Build a shed/outbuilding with window frames.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
l have quite a few 3ft wooden window frames with windows intact and single window frames for opening..
l would like to build a shed/ out building with these and would like advice on how to do this..
what base would be the best suitable for this, contrete or wood.
l was thinking of using breeze blocks to make a dwarf wall for the windows to sit on, but as l.m no builder how would l go about this, or is there a better quicker way to constuct the shed/outbuilding from timber.
What material is best for the roof..
Advice and ideas will help me decide on the best way ... Thanks

Sponsored Links
This sounds like an interesting project. I am no expert either but I wouldn't think that the foundations would be too critical (unless its going to be a very big structure) as long as it is flat and not about to sink. If your ground is fairly solid you would probably get away with just laying out a patio then building up from there, concrete foundations would probably be better if your ground is not solid.

I think that your idea of building the dwarf wall with breezeblocks would work, possibly continuing this up at the corners to support the roof, equally timber frames would work. I think your roof would most likely be timber, with roofing felt over the top. I think you would get all the information you need just by googling "how to build your own shed", or if you want more info on foundations the building forum might get more responses.

P.S. Try this site http://parker1.co.uk/shed/ which will give you instructions up to the point where instead of adding the side panels you will be adding the window frames.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back