100 or 120mm celotex - warm roof?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
i was planning on 100mm. My BC guy said 120mm was the norm. What have others done to achieve the required u values? Standard warm roof construction. Cost is important to me. I'm not after super insulated, just to confirm to regs. The rest of the house is old solid walled, single glazed!

Sponsored Links
I've always been told 135, but would that be 100 between the rafters, and 20+15mm plasterboard over them.

Sponsored Links
If there are any rafters in the insulation layer it's not a warm roof. You can get hybrid roofs but even those most of the insulation is on top.

I've always been told 135, but would that be 100 between the rafters, and 20+15mm plasterboard over them.
that's why I said 120 minimum, 120 can satisfy BR for a warm roof, depending on type of insulation and fixing methods.

120mm min to get he u value. I remember a previous post where you said 100mm had been passed on your plans. Guess they've picked that up now though.

120mm to achieve a 0.18 u value, thats a warm roof all over the top not inbetween

checkout the kingspan u value calculator

Bet you wished you had put more in now that energy prices have doubled!
Ha! It got 120mm….. also now got double glazing in the rest of the house too…. All modern like.

But zero loft insulation as that’s all out as part of the loft conversion.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back