10ftx12ft workshop/shed - brick or wood - pros and cons

Sponsored Links
and when you get the 14" saw bench, the sliding mitre saw, the 12" band saw the 10" planer thicknesser, woodturning lathe, pillar drill, morticing machine, and that is just the woodwork section.

my morticer lives on the floor behind the router table which in the picture is next to the saw under the back window
the planer thicknesser is in the cupboard on the floor
the bandsaw is in the lean to in the back ground
the pilar drill is beside the morticer any off these machines are brought out to the work area that gous from the saw to the back wall with the table saw blade dropped it gives me a 7ft6 x3ftx3ft clear area workbench height
the slider lives and in use in the area where the red combination saw used to live

yes its "compact " but with forward planning its off little or no problem
if it was a full time work situation it would be difficult but being semi retired i have the time to stop doing one thing whilst the glue dries as i cant cut the sheet material because its raining and i need the space to cut the sheet inside

and then there is the boxford lathe the milling machine the shaper, the anvil, forge, Oxy-Acetylene, fly press, hydraulic press, compressor, metal bandsaw, mig welder, arc welder........

Sponsored Links
and :D :D ;)

not into metal work to any extent ;)

i have actually crammed in a lot more stuff than the pictures show by more efficiently using space
for example extractor is up in the eaves
where the slider sits the space behind it is for sheet material and was very empty for the rods to swing into so built storage shelves above to the roofline

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back