10mm T&E earth size

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My shower is wired with 10mm T&E and I need to replace a short length of damaged earth sleeving at the CU end.

I just went to try and pick some up at the local diy shed and they didn't have anything nearly big enough. I had a look at the 10mm T&E they sell and it had a single earth conductor that looked to be no bigger than 1.5mm. The 10mm T&E I've got has a 4mm multi-strand earth conductor.

Why the big difference in earth sizes, and can anyone suggest where I can buy a short length of suitable earth sleeving (I don't really want to have to buy a 100m length from a factors).

Thanks.

Sponsored Links
I bet you were looking at 6.0mm²

All* 10.0mm² T&E has a 4.0mm² stranded CPC (earth)

Is this any good?

Links in this post may contain affiliate links for which DIYnot may be compensated.
I'm fairly sure it was 10mm I was looking at but anything is possible. I'll double check next time in in there.

If their 10mm T&E does have a 4mm earth then why don't stock suitable sleeving?

Ebay is an excellent suggestion. I should have though of it myself; I'm on there most days.

Sponsored Links
10mm T+E wont have a solid earth, it will be stranded. You need some for 4mm diameter or above sleeve. Most sparks carry a hanks of different sizes - see if you wang some when passing......hardly worth buying a hank for a couple inches.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back