10mm twin and earth cable price

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi, I just got invoice of my bathroom electricity work. The 10mm twin and earth cable price surprised me: cost me 16m*20/m= 320 plus vat, the cable will cost me 376 pounds. (for electric shower)

I have no idea if this price is correct or not. Because I searched tlc website and b&q website, 10mm twin and earth cable's price is about 92 pounds for 50m. I don't know why my electrician asked for 376 pounds for only 16m cable.

I wonder if there are different cables available and he choosed some special one which cost more than normal cable. Should I ask him? (don't want to get embarrased because he is a relative of my good friend).

Thanks for any suggestion or clarification of cable price.

Sponsored Links
thank you very much! I will ask him tomorrow.

Get a little bit relaxed now as I didn't expect for such big amount to pay.

What other charges are on there? Maybe other bits that he's overcharged

Sponsored Links
Maybe, unless there is another reason for it such as labour??

labour is seperated from parts. cost about 600 pounds for 2 and half days as he need to come back several times to do the project.

I paid £168 +vat for a 100m drum of 10mm t&e a month ago. And it was pyrsyman cable too (a pretty good brand IMHO)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back