115x20mm skirting?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We've just had some skirting replaced and the electrician has damaged it by hammering it to the wall along its length. It's now ruined.
I'm now trying to find a suitable replacement and the only bits I can find are slightly off in either dimension.
It measures 115x20mm.

Anyone any bright ideas please?

I don't have the facility to accurately trim off some height of a slightly taller piece...

Thanks!

Sponsored Links
I was going to say buy a taller piece then rip it to the required width...... Even a handsaw would do the job - you can always hide the sawn edge at the bottom and disguise the joint with caulk. In any case, how will you cut it in if you can't resize it?

Sponsored Links
I have a mitre saw, so I can cut it in, but I obviously can't do this along the long edge.
I need the cut to be clean as there's no carpet, so a hand saw is not an option.

I need the cut to be clean as there's no carpet, so a hand saw is not an option.
Oddly enough with a £10 hand saw and a bit of practice even our apprentice manages to cut a clean edge which requires minimal cleaning up with a sanding board (sandpaper stuck onto an offcut of MDF) or a block plane. But then he's lousy at making tea! You don't need power tools for everything :eek:

Can you upload a pic of the damage. If there's hammer holes on the flat part, then just use 2 part car body filler, and sand it before it goes rock hard. If it's on the profiled part, then the same principle applies, but it requires a bit more care to sand and trim it

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back