12v LCD TV

when I say its a fluke thats the make they cost over a hundred quid it is an electricians meter and it reads 12 volt on a 12 volt battery output

Sponsored Links
Afaik, then reading 12 volt dc from a battery is not the same as reading 12 volt from a switched mode power supply.

Fluke meters are over 100 pound sometimes, a True rms meter is most likely dearer than that.

Sponsored Links
I think you will find that the rms meters are only more reliable on ac it does not effect dc no sine wave
further more I have checked the spec of mine and it is 0.3 reliable on dc voltages

no it was not under load the only way I can do that is to connect my meter in line and I would need a spare socket to do that as the 4pin din plug is too small to connect to

Given that its only 12v you could always just cut into the cable and tap the wires going to the din plug.

I must admit I've lost the plot concerning why portable 12V TVs can't be used on a 12V supply without needing to open up your battery and try to get 6-0-6v out of it....

well if you had read all the posts you would have seen it was not a straight forward power lead connection it was via a 4pin split voltage mini din plug thats what I was questioning sorry I thought that was what the forum was for

Its not a split voltage anything.

Its just 2 12v pins and two ground pins.

The Supply is rated at something like 4.5A and while i dont have the exact model specs of the mini din plug to hand, i would guess that because the pins cant individually handle that current they've doubled them up.

Why you were only measuring 5v with your meter i dont know, but it doesnt make any sense given the PSU output and TV input both rated at 12v.

If it had been mine, i'd have hooked it up to the 12v supply and been done with it.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back