12v LCD TV

Dont know what?

Theres a diagram further up showing the pinout, albeit badly labeled as "+" and "-"

Doesnt take a massive leap to work out the "+" pins are at 12v and the "-" ones are ground.

Sponsored Links
very sarcastic dont get your knickers in a twist just because you couldn`t accept the readings that I got with my multimeter Ive been an electrician for 50years and passed 17th ed; and inspection and testing cert; so I know what readings I got

OK - then how do you explain the fact that the adapter clearly says Output 12V DC?

Not 6V - 0 - 6V.

Not 2 x 6V.

12V.

Sponsored Links
because they have made it simple for simple people.
I started this post seeking info it seems to me that it is others having fun

They have made what simple?

The TV is designed to run from a 230v outlet. The fact that it happens to have a external 12v PSU is nothing more than a useful coincidence, and the connections the manufacturer happens to use between the TV and said PSU are of no consequence to the normal end user. They could just as easily put the PSU on a board inside the set and provided you with a IEC-320 C6/8/14 line plug on the back of the set for you to plug a mains lead into.

I just dont get the problem. You found a diagram showing what pins did what, which is everything you needed to know to power it up. Why didnt you just shove 12v into the identified pins and see what happened?

Try running it @ 6V and turn the brightness right up ? :eek: :D :D

Ed.

It could be an intelligent power supply that does not provide any power until it has detected the TV as being connected to it and then regulates its output voltage to allow for voltage drop along the lead to the TV

Four pins in the connector ? Two could be the power connections and the other two are sense wires that measure the supply voltage inside the TV and from this the power supply adjusts output to provide the correct voltage at the TV end of the lead. And if the sense wires are open circuit then the power supply is turned off.

very logical Bernard its nice to hear from someone who is being helpful and not suggesting I try something that might cause damage to a new TV that would not be covered under the waranty, any way as I stated the set has been returned now, so as far as I`m concearned the subjects closed

Probably just as well.

If you'd spent 5-10 minutes researching the issue on caravanning sites you'd have seen that it's not a good idea to connect TVs like that directly to the "12V" supply anyway.

God wont you let go! you one off these old women whos got to have the last word ?like i said I thought this forum was for asking questions on matters that you were not familiar with not tit for tat sarcasm, GET A LIFE

you sad person what do you do for pleasure take the ball off the kids in the street,

God wont you let go! Are you one of these old women who's got to have the last word?

God wont you let go! Are you one of these old women who's got to have the last word?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back