12v Semi Flush Light Problem

Sponsored Links
breezer said:
you could make similar cheaper than that, transformer, few bits of t & e lamps hey presto :LOL:
I can get you the alloy tubing dirt cheap if you want to try

It was quite a while ago The light was similar but not exactly the same. Note: My apprentice at the time (since got rid) took the initive of megger testing it at 10,000V. I not surprised it didnt work!

Sponsored Links
No, it was an isolated incident. I got rid because he swiped 5 of my complection certificates stamped them and sold them for IR£50 (not much more than they cost me to buy (legitimately) in the first place). He was extremely intelligent, (despite his inappropriate use of my megger!) an excellent electrician and would have been finished his industrial apprenticeship within 6mts. He had started cocaine use just before he left. Now in prison for murder. A typical example of such a talent down the drain.

Still having issues with this light.

When connected to the ceiling rose the light works when switched on but trips the ring when turned off and back on a second time. The ring is controlled be a MT106 Hager trip switch.

When the light is connected to the normal 13 amp socket is performs without fault, this ring is protected by a MT132 hager trip switch.

What the difference between the two trip switches and is this the cause of the problem.

Or is it simply the light at fault

Thanks

MT106 is a 6A breaker, MT132 is a 32A one. It sounds like the start-up surge is tripping the 6A one. You could try replacing it with an NC106 (a Type C breaker).

Thanks Ban All Sheds I believe you have the solution, just spoken to the distributer and local Hager supplier who recommend the same.

I will pick up the breaker and try it tomorrow.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back