14mm cladding clips

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I'm putting up a small amount of vertical indoor cladding, floor to ceiling. I'd like to use cladding clips but I've got 14mm thick cladding, and the clips which Wickes and B&Q sell are too small. To fit they'd need to be about 4mm deep. Does anyone know anywhere that sells these sorts of clips? (And, if they don't exist, anyone know why? What am I missing)

Thanks,
Adam

Sponsored Links
Don't know if it's any good, but I've seen them in Wickes. I used to buy them from the local Bosch dealer at one time (although Bosch don't do big electric staplers any longer). The other possibilities are Spotnails and BeA fasteners

The ones in Wickes (and B&Q) that I've seen are smaller & designed for the 7mm cladding I think. I'm not sure what you mean about Bosch doing them and the reference to staplers as it's not nails/staples that I'm after.

However, after some extensive searching I finally found some Piranha X790013mm clips. They arrived today and look perfect. :) I'm not sure why they're so rare (as far as I can tell there are only a couple of packets left on Amazon and one seller on eBay) though. I'll post back here if my cladding falls off the wall or something!

Adam

The ones in Wickes (and B&Q) that I've seen are smaller & designed for the 7mm cladding I think. I'm not sure what you mean about Bosch doing them and the reference to staplers as it's not nails/staples that I'm after.
Bosch iused to male electric combined nailers/staplers which used cladding clips, also made by Bosch......

T I'm not sure why they're so rare
If you go to a trade supplier like Spotnails or BeA they aren't - but do you really want to buy 1000 or £100 minimum?

Sponsored Links
Well, I said I'd come back to report on how it went... The clips were fine except that the staples in my staple gun were only just barely wide enough to fit in the holes in the clips, so it took a long time as I had to be very accurate trying to line up the staples with the holes in the clips. I think the staples are standard size, so I think for next time I'll do secret nailing through the tongue with a nail gun.

Adam

i have never ever used clips
if you go in at about 45% you get a good solid fixing with only a possible problem iff within about 50mm from the end off the board
the good thing about a pin at 45% is it will have far more pull out power than at 90%

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back