15 mm flexi with a ball valve

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Gentlemen

I have just bought some 15mm flexis that have an in-built ball valve in them.

The end with the ball valve can connect direct to the 15mm copper feed.

The question I have it how to connect the other end. Can I just screw the flex to
the other end of a 15mm compression fitting? The end of the flex just has a rubber
washer in it with a chrome nut and I was wondering whether the bevelled nature of the
compression fitting would cut the fitting after a while.

I hope I have explained things ok.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
The ball valve end would normally be designed to the supply pipe !!!

The free end is to connect to the inlet to a 1/2" tap.

They used to be designed the other way round but perhaps being of poor quality they found the flexible part was bursting and the valve was useful to isolate the leak!

Tony

The monoblock tap I have has two tails coming out ending in just 15mm tails. One for hot one for cold.

So I have to connect two 15mm coppers together for each tap. Ideally with these flexis cos they have the ball valves built in and obvious flexi.

Just answered me own question

male iron coupler is what I need.

Thanks for earlier input

Sponsored Links
I dont think there is anything purpose designed for what you want to do!

I could drill out a 1/2" male to 15 mm compression to allow the inside diameter to match the tap connector but it would not look very professional so I would not do it that way !

Why not just use copper tube ( with an isolating valve if you want to ) ?

Tony

you could file the sharp end off the comp coupling :idea: I`m just an old bodger ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back