15mm x 1/2" flat faced service valve

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Why can't i find the above on screwfix etc.

My understanding was that i can't just connect a flexi hose with a 1/2" female nut with rubber seal straight onto a compression fitting because the sharp end of the compression fitting will cut through the rubber seal.

In which case i'd have thought that a service/iso valve with a 1/2" flat face to connect onto a flexi hose would be readily available.

What's the normal way of connecting a 1/2" female flexi to a 15mm pipe?

Sponsored Links
Thanks for the Tesla link - didn't know the name

The compression adaptor male coupling i knew about. Didn't know about the tails though which do pretty much exactly what i want and i've just bought them from toolstation :)

Still surprised an iso valve with the 1/2" flat male outlet isn't more readily available.

Sponsored Links
They are widely available ,from most plumbers merchants. Screwfix / B&Q and the likes do not stock anywhere near the range of plumbing products that merchants do.
And of course you can buy them on internet.

I found them on the sites you listed, but not on screwfix and toolstation which are my normal local suppliers. I just thought they would be parts that people would use all the time so would be available everywhere.

How much of the sharp edge do you have to take off an iso valve?

I just thought they would be parts that people would use all the time

I've never actually fitted a flexi straight to a valve.

How much of the sharp edge do you have to take off an iso valve?

Not an exact science, just dull down the edge and don't tighten the flexi too much.

I've never actually fitted a flexi straight to a valve.

I guess that's the difference between a professional and a DIYer :) I've always tried to position the pipe in such a way that a short flexi is the only connection.

Not an exact science, just dull down the edge and don't tighten the flexi too much.
Thanks for your help, much appreciated.

Just a plain ISO with the face flat filed, it's brass so nice and soft & easy to file. It just ends up like any normal male coupler, nice and flat for a flexi tap tail, saves me having to buy couplers.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back