15mm inline water filter

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Can anymore recommend a decent 15mm inline water filter to improve the drinking water on mains tap? I don't like the ones with microbore plastic connections. Would a y filter/strainer help at all? Thanks.

Sponsored Links
A Y strainer will catch bits of sediment but that is all and the filter will need cleaning. Much better off with the proper drinking water cartridge type.

Sponsored Links
Has anyone installed one of these filters? It comes with 3/4 plastic nipples. The thread on the filter is 3/4 female. I have bought some 3/4 male to 15mm compression brass fittings but the 3/4 male will only screw in one turn before too tight by hand. Can get about two further turns with a spanner that's without ptfe. Any advice the threads are all good not crossed etc.

The plastic fittings that came with and the fitting I have bought.

Attachments

• 15955350384579214805572208057142.jpg
    15955350384579214805572208057142.jpg
    262 KB · Views: 212
NPT has a different thread pitch to BSP so they are not compatible. Being plastic you could probably force it and get away with it but I'd not want that situation in my house with the potential to leak!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back