15mm radiator pipework relocation

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I'm looking to chase this radiator pipework into wall. I previously got advised on here 25mm chase, cover pipe in duct tape and plaster over.

Just wanted to check if there was anything wrong with my run, chasing into wall and floor.??

J4EY90X.jpg

WYSo5zO.jpg

Sponsored Links
Hi guys, just in the process of doing this now, would I get problems like air locks as pipework is going down then up again?

Just looking at it, it may be easier if you go left along wall to the corner then from the corner along the wall and then down to go through the wall. It would be easier to chase the plaster rather than having to chase the concrete in the floor.

Sponsored Links
Just looking at it, it may be easier if you go left along wall to the corner then from the corner along the wall and then down to go through the wall. It would be easier to chase the plaster rather than having to chase the concrete in the floor.

Was actually looking at doing this before already committed to floor route. Chasing the wall was way worse than the floor though as I only just laid the screed so it was easy to take up! The wall was a nightmare!!

Heating back on tested and luckily no leaks! Just out of curiosity in a gravity fed situation I guess if there was a leak it's drain down system again, inhibitor again etc?

Depends where the leak is TBH. If you're talking about an open vented system then you can sometimes get away with isolating all the rads, bung the f&e and just drain the section needing worked on.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back