16 Amp industrial sockets

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Can I replace a 13A double outlet with one 16A 2P+E round "industrial" one or run 2x 16A off one radial curcuit on a 32A MCB

All in a garage attached to the house all, on 2.5 T&E no more than 15m from CU. Its all in metal conduit and nicely fitted so the less cutting and moving the better

Sponsored Links
No. A 16A ceeform plug is not fused therefore the connected equipments flex is relying on the MCB/fuse back at the board to protect the cable.
A 2.5mm radial shouldn't be on a 32A protective device anyway.

I like to see blue ceeforms on their own 16A breakers but you are allowed to have more than one blue ceeform socket on a 20A radial.

many thanks, there's one already on a 32A MCB, dont know why before my time, so if I swap that out for a 20A and add a second that should be OK or can I live with the 32A - I assume not if its the cable to the machine thats at "risk" that way

A 16A ceeform should not be fed from a 32A MCB. If you have multiple sockets on a 2.5mm cable then the cable isn't protected properly.
I can't comment on wether a 20A MCB will be OK as I don't know what you are plugging in! It might be a 16A MCB will be fine.

Sponsored Links
Not sure on what they pull at startup, what is the current rating on their plates?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back