16 weeks

Remember rule number one of this forum: Thou shalt not criticise muslims.

It may seem that way but if you click the link below you can clearly see it was possible to discuss the impact muslims are having on this country.

//search.diynot.com/forum_sear...tbytime=0&author=&search=Search+Forum&stype=0

This one is quite funny //www.diynot.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=185256#185256

So what has changed? Perhaps the mad hatter posting several threads a night about muslims, and demanding the right to be heard has made the mods(and other forum members) more than a little weary, so now they get kicked into the long grass as soon as they appear.

The sad thing is that when something is posted worth debating, that too gets deleted.

I don't know why this recent spate of censorship has come about.

What I do know is that censoring the truth isn't going to change anyone's opinions about the subject, and wholesale censorship (without explanation) of one particular topic which the mods dislike reminds me of Orwell's 1984.

Edit: Talking of which, both the 'Western culture' and the 'It's confirmed' threads have been removed (without explanation).

I do think the forum rules need to include a new 'rule number one', then we'd all know where we stand.

Sponsored Links
I just thought I should have a look to make sure:

Welcome to the DIYnot Forums!

Please familiarise yourself with the forum rules and enjoy the site!

1) Abusive or unhelpful posts are not welcome. This is a friendly site and we ask that everyone is treated with respect! Abusive or unhelpful posts are not welcome on this site and are always removed! Keep it civil!

2) Posts should be relevant to the topic. Irrelevant posts that don't contribute to the topic will be removed or split.

3) NO Free advertising. Any adverts will be removed. Please contact admin if you wish to advertise.

4) Posts or signatures should not contain any contact details. Signature rules are here.

5) Please do not duplicate your posts. This includes other forums.

6) Do not hi-jack posts. Hi-jacking is adding your query to somebody else's thread.

7) Please do not type in capitals as it is considered to be SHOUTING!

8) Please post your query in the correct forum.

9) Please do not use excessive quoting in your posts. Please do not use excessive quoting in your posts unless absolutely necessary.

10) Posts covering DIY gas work are not allowed. You can read more here.

11) Posting personal details/photos of other members is forbidden. People are entitled to their privacy. Whether the information is already public domain or not, do not post it on DIYnot. We consider it a breach of a member's privacy and will have no option but to suspend the poster's account. This includes but is not limited to name, address, telephone, email, photos, employment details, Streetview etc.

Help us keep the forum tidy!

No, nothing leaps out at me. I wonder which rule we have been breaking. The only one I have noticed being regularly contravened is Rule 1, and that's usually Joe! :LOL:

Sponsored Links
Back