17mm Outlet Hose Connector Very Loose

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello everyone.

The connector is very loose on the two hose ends. Should I be cutting the rubber off the hose?
cpHS8O6.jpg

2pEag3S.jpg

Sponsored Links
I had considered something along those lines but it really is very loose, to the point that it will distort and I don't imagine it would make a good seal.

8yCEjQr.jpg

So I'm not sure how to connect the additional hose to the existing stuff. The spare bit above doesn't have a thread to screw this bit on to.

Can someone please point me in the right direction?

Sponsored Links
Thanks.

I also don't understand why the two ends of the hose I have bought aren't the same.

https://www.screwfix.com/p/washing-machine-drain-hose-2-5m-x-21mm/71062

I can't see how that could be used to extend the reach of the one already on the machine, even with and outlet hose connector

https://www.screwfix.com/p/flomasta-outlet-hose-connector-17mm/37103?_requestid=441966

The large end of the hose isn't going to connect to any waste properly because it's way oversized. What's that all about?

Is this an extension for a washing machine?

A while back I had to extend my mum's washing machine waste. We picked up an extension kit from screwfix. The connection was very loose. I ended up using CT1 to make the seal water tight and clips to prevent it pulling apart. After 2 years it seems to be OK.

One reflection, had I known beforehand, I would have ordered a better quality product. The Scewfix one is rubbish.

Thanks for your replies. I ended up with an extension kit from screwfix, cut and removed part of the rubber on the waste pipe attached to the washing machine and then used jubilee clips to hold it all together. It didn't leak and I am sure it will be fine.

• Thanks
Reactions: CBW

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back