17th edition seminars

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
IET is running 17th edition seminars from September 2007.

They mention that 1st July 2008 is the 17th ed D-day with side by side 16th /17th from Jan 2008.

Sponsored Links
Chri5 said:
with side by side 16th /17th from Jan 2008.

Is this suppost to mean that In Jan 2008 up until July 1st 2008 you can follow both regs?

Well, one or the other!!
It is the transition period for everyone to move over from the 16th to the 17th.

The same happened with the 16th changeover: you could follow either the 15th or the 16th, but not mix them to suit yourself!!!

Sponsored Links
Do these seminars result in a certificate to upgrade 2381? If not, is there any point spending money on it, as the changes would be published anyway, better to go on a reassessment to upgrade the qually isn't it?

Paul Barker said:
Do these seminars result in a certificate to upgrade 2381? If not, is there any point spending money on it, as the changes would be published anyway, better to go on a reassessment to upgrade the qually isn't it?

Of course your have to do a refresher / get certified as 17th ed. The value of these seminars is purely to get a full theory undertanding of the changes and implications of the changes.
Thing being that since the IET are doing them a open forum and face to face banter durring such a seminar could be more advantagous than a simply read up of the new 17th ed.

The way I understand it, is that there will be a 25Q version of 2382 for those of us that already have 2381, (and hopefully it'll be cheap to do :LOL: )

Can't remember whats happening with 2391, but I should imagine people will still recognise 2391 for a few years (even more so I hsould imagine if you have got the new 2382)

I was under the impression the 2391 will be re-classified as the 2392 but there will be a similar bridging course for those who have the 2391.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back