180deg bend in hard copper?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
For a little project at work I need a 180deg bend in copper tube.

Rather than do this using two elbows, I'd like to minimise the pressure drop by creating a smooth 180deg bend using a bender ..... but the one we have & all the others I've seen only have a quadrant (1/4 turn) guide block.

Any suggestions as to how I could do this neatly? (I only need 6 off 180 deg bends so don't really want to buy a new bender just for 6 goes).

Also, when I was younger and helping my plumber uncle during the school holidays I remember that there where two types of soldering corner - the elbow & the bend. The difference being the bend had a much greater radius than the elbow, giving a smoother, swept curve. These don't seem to be available anymore...... unless someone knows different?

Adrian

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
Spring or just use the quadrant benders as you call them by moving the pipe after initial bend

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back