1930s wooden mantlepiece

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We have recently bought a 1930s house. The living room fireplace still had the original mantlepiece. Original feature, I know, but it's large, to our eyes hideous and completely dominates the room.

Does anybody have any idea of the kind of value? I know this will depend on the condition, but I've seen things like this only ranging from £10 to many 100s and have no idea whether we should try to sell it or just donate it to a local charity which deals with reclaimed goods.

Any help, including on how or where to value this, gratefully received. We're in Cambridge.

Thanks!

Sponsored Links
A picture might help, it depends if you want to keep the mantlepiece as a feature, it's difficult to offer advice without seeing what you describe.

Wotan

Join a Freecycle -online- group . It`s only worth a tenner :cry: No one wants them - Trust me . I`m an auction/bootsale/eBay hound ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back