1960s Copper waste leaking

Thank you so much.

Now I have a problem. This copper pipe goes into th main council waste, which is inside inside the well, which will need to be broken.... to get access...

Sponsored Links
Surely, it would have diluted with the sink and washing machine waste?

Thank you so much.

Now I have a problem. This copper pipe goes into th main council waste, which is inside inside the well, which will need to be broken.... to get access...

If you're boiler condense doesn't run through it then you just need to follow Andy advice.......

Surely, it would have diluted with the sink and washing machine waste?

Depends on how the condense has been run.
If its been run into the trap of the sink via a washing machine outlet then yes maybe.

Sponsored Links
If its been run into the trap of the sink via a washing machine outlet then yes maybe.

That is exactly how it has been done.

You guys are smart :)

Cutting a section of the damaged copper is easy, but if the entire section is to be replaced, it is very hard as the wall has to be broken to get access to the main communal waste pipe.

That is exactly how it has been done.

You guys are smart :)

Cutting a section of the damaged copper is easy, but if the entire section is to be replaced, it is very hard as the wall has to be broken to get access to the main communal waste pipe.

Can you send us a picture of how the condense joins the waste

And not on our yacht in the Caribbean.

I have the greatest respect for you guys. Unsung heroes.

Can you send us a picture of how the condense joins the waste

I am enclosing the photo of the area under the sink. The condensate is coming in from the left hand inlet (not shown). The washing machine is on the right hand side inlet in grey pipe. The the trap, then connects to a white flexi type pipe (cant be seen). It then connects to the cream painted copper waste pipe. Builders have found it a challenge, as the copper waste pipe is high and does not provide a good slope. Not sure how it can be improved.

When boiler failed. One boiler engineer suggested to pour drain cleaner from time to time, which might not have helped with the copper pipe corrosion. I never felt comfortable when such advice was given. My friend has been pouring drain cleaner ever since. It has been rodded and the sink water runs really well now. Physical solution is better then chemical solution....

Attachments

• under-sink photo.jpg
    under-sink photo.jpg
    61.5 KB · Views: 59
I would have thought the trap would dilute the condense.

You could make the trap deeper so it holds more water. Also could fit a neutralizer on the condense pipe .

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back