1970's mem 3 phase

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Is it possible to 17th this old board other that fitting rcbo's throughout or fiting a rcd incomer (yeah I know bad) I have suggested using three cu's, my prefered route, and running the tri phase equipment from its own board as there is not much, dishwasher, cellar cooler, sauna,
any ideas ??
DM

Sponsored Links
This is obviously a commercial premises, so will all circuits require RCDs ?
Is there not conduits/Armoureds/pyros for lighting so negating the need for additional protection for them (and possibly falling under the realms of under supervision of competant persons ?)
One RCD incommer at 30mA would definately be a non-starter (think of the leakage with that lot connected)
If you do need to go that way then a board change sounds on the cards...

Sponsored Links
Hi yes its a restaurant, kitchen,and a sauna bit of a hotch potch really I would like to seperate it all with dedicated boards but its a real nightmare, there are boards subbed of it but for some bizarre reason all the cpc's from the whole joint are run through this board even though they are not terminated in it IE from the subs they collect all the cpc's into round 2 inch conny between the boards then out you reall need to see this I will try and get a phot
DM

Ricicle sorry I forgot your Q most of this is buried tiled over kitchen ring's are plastice face plate type most were smashed even the cable to the fryers are buried and behind stainless plating, hope they want bugger all moved but yes I will keep in mind the points you raised
Cheers DM

As far as I am aware it is the view of the ECA that commericial premises 'should' have suitable controls in place to manage the health and safety of maintence, therefore the installation is under the supervision of a competant person (the maintaince manager should be aware of permitted cabling routes* and should make anyone who plans to attch anything to the wall aware of them)

Ask the client what his risk assessment says regarding of supervision of the electrical installation, for a definite answer, best not to try and get involved in assessing the clients risk from incompetants with power drills yourself, its a responsibility you don't really want

You may want to take a more cautious view in some smaller concerns, and treat as domestic

*Which he should find in the O&M manual

If you are going to replace it with three sp boards and a 3p board, why dont you fit a large enough 3phase one and put RCBOs in that as required, would be a lot tidier.

Think you will find the rcbo's are two module wide for the old mem and are not cheap.

rocky your dead right one runs the sauna, back at it tonight, another night shift :( stilll at least I get peace to turn the lot off and leave it off till Iam finished with it, more I&T on the bulk of the installation, lights Iwill leave till another day as it's going to be a shift in the loft (anyone got a spare apprentice,monkey, dopey old uncle I can sent up the loft) The suggestion of another TP&N board sorry forgot who the reply came from will work and the more I think about the better the idea seems
cheers DM

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back