1992 Monoflame Minor. Fires once then no ignition spark.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi again guys,

Was round there at a Monoflame Minor which has been locking out. Did all the relevant checks and pulled the burner unit out.

When i tried to run the unit i had no ignition spark. Pump pumped oil fine but no spark to light it. Then turned the unit on and off at the wall. Boiler ran, has spark and she light and ran fine. Then i pressed the reset button and had no spark again but oil pumping.

I also adjusted the spark gap on the electrodes as they were too far away from teh nozzle.

Is this a control box problem?? (please don't shout at me!!!)?? It is Landis and Gyr LOA24.

In hope

Grill

Sponsored Links
Check usual proprietary parts, but I'd suspect box last. LOA very strong, can't remember last time I changed one - if ever.

Sponsored Links
I changed one. Burnt out after water from circulating pump dripped on it.

This box is as dry as bone so im probably barking up teh wrong tree with that.

Any idea where i would get part numbers for this one as the guy who works in our parts centre is new and is a doughnut!!!!

What would you check first??

G

Checked it mate and have just registered. Am waiting on the email to come through from them.

G

No sign of this email coming through guys. Any chance of those part numbers??

G

AH Sh&te!!!!

didn't check!! How many different types are there?? haven't worked on one of these yet!!

Another bloody schoolday. And i smacked my hand taking out teh nozzle!!! Torture.

G

You tell me the boiler model, I'll tell you which burner :rolleyes:

Pass again. The bloody thing was totally wrapped in insulation!!!! Now if you can work it out from teh following description you are elected.

To access teh baffle plates you had to remove a rectangular plate from teh top of teh boiler that had a small circular (about inch and 1/2 in diameter ) window in it.

G

Sounds like a Trianco, but how wide was it? Come to think of it, why do you not have the boiler model, serial number and burner model on your CD11?

About maybe 350 - 400 mm. I hate not having teh right info. Really annoying.

G

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back