1992 Monoflame Minor. Fires once then no ignition spark.

Sponsored Links
Jesus i know. I slept in on this one. Am tempted to go and lift it and throw in into the shop again. Have no manuals or nothing on this one!!!!

G

Balls to putting it into teh shop actually. Its is a monoflame minor one s

G

So, which bit do you need the part number for? I've never ordered a bit for one of these by part number, ring Trianco or GAH.

Sponsored Links
Am going to go for the Photocell first and then the ignition transformer. If they are common enough parts then ill just ask in our parts centre.

G

Am going to go for the Photocell first and then the ignition transformer. If they are common enough parts then ill just ask in our parts centre.

G
Hello G, Found your enquiry from way back. I have same problem on Monoflame Minor one S 1993, no spark. What was the out come for your burner, ignition tranny or photocell, and where did you get parts? Look forward to your reply.
Cheers
Mike (Bonzuki)

Is the transformer fitted on the top plate of the burner, or is it fitted under the control box base? Suspect if it is original then it will be the former and be a Cofi, but there are two versions. The numbers are moulded into the transformer.
Have you not tried direct wiring the transformer to check the spark? This will enable you to discount other parts. If you are trying to see a spark with the burner, stray light may be holding it off.
Easy aren't they, these oil boilers?

try new Ignition electrodes First! these are notorious for not producing a spark due to leaking to earth through the insulators also check condition of HT leads, if the Transformer is shot you usually get a burning smell it is a Cofi 822 my cash is on the Electrodes! ;)

Thanks for the info, It is a COFI E820, have ordered a new one, let you guys know the outcome. Meanwhile I'll continue being a slave to the fire cutting and burning wood as it is a dual burning chamber.
Cheers
Mike

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back