1st Floor insulation query

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys,
I'm pretty strapped for time and haven't got the time today to search through the forums to see if there is an answer. So here i go. Very simple question. I'm looking to insulate my ceiling void between the downstairs and upstairs and would like to know what is the correct insulation to go for and if possible where is the best place to go for it?

Many thanks in anticipation,
Dave

Sponsored Links
Why do you want to insulate between floors? Even if you don't want direct heat in the bedrooms the relatively small amount of heat leakage would do no harm. Better to ensure your roof is fully insulated to a minimum 270mm.

My loft is indeed insulated to the minimum requirement of 270mm. The insulation is partially for heat insulation but mainly for sound insulation. As i have the ceilings down i thought it would be a good idea to do this.

use slabs of acoustic insulation, 100mm thick.

It won't change your life but will make a little bit of difference and is quick and easy to do.

Sponsored Links
You need acoustic insulation, although some places will tell you that their's is multi purpose. Years ago they used to fill in with sand.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back