2*10ml pipes!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I want to fit a new radiator in the kitchen there are two pipes running into the room side b side how do i know which ones fit to each side of the radiator or does it not matter ? i thought there would be a one way flow is there a way of testing them before taking the end caps off anyone?

Sponsored Links
So long as you fit a bi-directional trv you should have no problems.
Most if not all thermostatic rad valves are now bi-directional, this is usually indicated by an arrow pointing both ways <--> embossed or raised on the valve body. Mono-directional trvs have a single arrow --> showing the direction of flow and must be fitted the right way. If you happen to have one of these just fling it and fit the bi-di type, as its just not worth the chew tracing pipes to find the direction of flow, or to fit it and hope it will work and risk having to drain down again to take it off to turn it round.

thanx, ill give it a go had to go back to diy store to read packet again after it was lost in the mess! there is 2 arrows on it 1 pointing up 1 pointing across , ill let know how it goes over the next few days thanx again.....

In the event if it makes banging noises when the temperature gets up to where the trv shuts off, drain down and fit it in the other orientation. That is lying flat instead of sitting upright.

Sponsored Links
thanx to all ! mission a success no probs at all i've just saved £452 a new rad hide some pipes and plaster up! ye haaaaaaaa :LOL:
if it falls of stick it back on with sticky tape if it doesn't work it it with a hammer

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back