Central Heating - going loopy?

Sponsored Links
Tony,

I think is the branch of the heating that he is drawing from, not the whole system run in 15mm. So there shouldn't be too many problems.

Agree it could be done quickly by more experienced people, but that doesn't mean that he shouldn't charge a decent amount to live off.

You have to carry a cetain amount of bluff. Your client won't want to think they have employed a greenhorn; just as much as they don't want to pay a fortune. Hence my question, what is the going rate for the area.

Remember you price has to cover your running costs for when you are not working. When you by a beer in a pub you are paying for the rent, electricity, bar maid, loos, peanuts :oops: etc., Not just for the liquid in the glass.

I've stopped working out what I ACTUALLY earn an hour. Its too depressing. However, what I charge is another story.

Being a plumber is as much about running a business as it is joining pipes. Unfortunately.

Its all down to supply and demand mate-if you can get £700 for the 5 days and you're happy with that and the customers happy then go for it. you will find that speed will come with time and as it does you can adjust your rates accordingly,everyone has to start somewhere. :)

Five days is the maximum it will take me. I always go by Murphy's Law so I don't end up causing myself and others problems.

What's the daily rate (for non-CORGI) in Carmarthenshire? It should be a closer comparison than Norwich.

Sponsored Links
2520years said:
Five days is the maximum it will take me. I always go by Murphy's Law so I don't end up causing myself and others problems.

What's the daily rate (for non-CORGI) in Carmarthenshire? It should be a closer comparison than Norwich.

Well as a rule of thumb if i'm charging by the hour,if it is basic plumbing work I might charge £25 an hour but it depends if it's local,what time of the day it is,is it weekend,is it a call out, because my work is so varied I dont charge the same for everything,and because it is quite rural where I live I have to do a lot of travelling which all has to be taken into account-the main thing is to be confident,but if you screw up with something big time then you may have to stand the loss yourself.

Thanks chr15.

I understand what you're saying. You seem, on the whole, to be charging above £150/day for the sort of work I'm concerned with here.

Maybe with my job, if I was quick-ish and could do it in two days at £300+ I'd have to quote £450-£500 to cover contingency and materials.

I'm back to thinking about £700 would be a good price...for me at least!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back