2 different boilers on CH system replacement quotes

IMG_0242.JPG

This combi boiler runs 2 showers at once no problem.

Ignore what's on the quote.
Talk to your installer explain what you want.
If you trust him go with his recommendations.
The job of the above picture was for a customer who was told that they could not have a combi by several installers.
Requirement was
2 people 90% of the time but want to be able to run 2 showers/outlets together.
No stored water in the loft
No noisey pumps.

Job done

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
Ah ok to store pressure and deliver when needed? I've dealt with them in aircraft hydraulic systems, I imagine it's the same principal.

So if my mains is at 6 bar I shouldn't require anything like that right?

Thanks again for the replies to what are probably tedious questions!

Ah ok to store pressure and deliver when needed? I've dealt with them in aircraft hydraulic systems, I imagine it's the same principal.

Thanks again for the replies to what are probably tedious questions!

If u understand aircraft hydrolic systems(I'm not sure I do/would)
I'm not sure I need to explain volume/flowrate/pressure

Probably not, though it's possoble to have situations where the pressure is initially good bit drops as soon as you take any flow i.e. you're at the end of a long narrow pipe.

If u understand aircraft hydrolic systems(I'm not sure I do/would)
I'm not sure I need to explain volume/flowrate/pressure

I do understand aircraft hydraulic systems on aircraft I've worked on. The ones I'm familiar with are sealed pumped systems at 280 bar fed under all conditions , accumulators are used for emergency one shot power generation when both hydraulic systems suffer catastrophic failure.

I'm looking for advice from people in the know, just because I know how an aircraft hydraulic system works, doesn't give me the experience of having installed different HW/CH systems and experienced their resulting levels of success.

Can anyone tell me which is the most cost effective method, including purchase/installation/ running costs?

Indeed.

As to the best options.....very tricky to give sound advice on the internet. Only you can decide the best system type.

Ignore any nonsense about combi boilers bring more complicated and unreliable. Concentrate on the performance tables and the actual incoming supply.

Personally I prefer a cylinder and a boiler sized to the heating requirements... Yes having an immersion heater is handy, but I've not had one (or needed one) since I left home 20 years ago.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back