Choosing a boiler after quotes

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Folks, I am asking for a little feedback from the people working with these boilers day in and day out.

We are changing or ancient system and have written quotes from 3 installers. The prices are near to each other so to aid the decision I would appreciated your views on the boilers offered by each.

House is 3 bed semi 8m x 5m with 7 rads

1 bath, 1 shower, 1 bathroom basin and 1 sink.

We have been offered the following in the quotes

Worcester 34cdi
Viessmann Viotens 100W 35Kw
Worcester 30SI

Thanks
Ent

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
If the Viessmann is installed by an approved Installer the Viessmann warranty is very very good indeed and for a one of payment cna be extended for many years! ;)

Of those I would go for the Viessmann.

What I can never understand is why installers don't want to offer a selection of different makes.

Of course Worcester are different because the installers have to fit a certain minimum number each year so can only offer them.

The Intergas would be my choice and fitted with the fannyflap.

Tony

if they've quoted and allowed for at least a day flusihing the system and installing a filter then they 'should' all be ok.
if they are going to fit it in a day then get someone else.

no mention of intergas/atmos anywhere?

As important as the choice of the appliance is (the Viessmann is my preference BTW), choose your installer carefully.

Did he/she offer to show a Gas Safe Card, measure water pressure? (to check that the available flow will operate the appliance) talk about the importance of cleaning the existing system, come across as the sort of person you would be happy to leave alone in your home?, come recommended by someone who's judgement you trust? Ask for a deposit to secure their services? offer to start tomorrow :rolleyes:

All these and more need to be considered.... too late to worry you further.

DH

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back