2 DPMs under laminate flooring

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi
Hope I’ve put this in the correct forum.

I’ve a 4m x 4m Internal concrete floor, its years old but in good condition. I’m going to be laying a laminate floor over it.
I’m going to be putting down a dpm with 75mm of ecotherm for insulation.
My question is should I lay a second dpm on top of the ecotherm before I lay the thin laminate insulation and then the laminate?
My thinking was in case of spillages as the room is going to be a man cave or will I have a problem with moisture getting trapped between both dpms and maybe forming mould.
Im leaning against only using bottom dpm but wanted confirmation.
Thankyou

Sponsored Links
One DPM. The function of the DPM is to stop the migration of moisture upwards from the ground beneath. Highly unlikely that you'll ever put enough moisture into a floor that you'll get mould beneath - the laminate would buckle upwards long before you reach that stage!

One will be find. Get yourself quickstep impressive laminate as great if it’s a man cave as water spills with be fine as it has built in hydro seal.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back