2 gang 1 way switch wiring???

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all, I'm actually in NZ not UK, but it made more sense to ask in this forum than the international forum as we are on 240v aswell.

I tried searching the forum for what I'm trying to do, but couldn't find what I'm trying to do, so I thought it would be better and safer to ask directly.

Ok, I'm installing a 72w extractor fan in the bathroom and I want to run it from the light cable - and replace the single switch with a double, run the light from one switch and the fan from another.

The original(single) switch was switching on the red and the black was intact (sorry I don't know the electrical Jargon) There didn't appear to be an earth

The fan has two wires red and blue.

Any ideas how I wire this up??

This is the switch I am using:

http://www.melm.net/switch.jpg

Take a look and when you describe how to wire it up if you could use the image as a reference it would be a lot easier for me.

Thanks,

Matt

Sponsored Links
I have no idea what so ever, also we should not reply as you may be breaking your local wiring codes, you would be if you were over here. Also it looks like your wiring colours are different than ours, so if i said put this with that and it went bang who's fault is that, not yours. sorry :cry:

fear not, i just found this for you it has an online electrical help, look down at the bottom left

Sponsored Links
Back