2 Gang 2 Way switching question

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all, Sorry if this has been done to death but..

I have a 2 way light set up as per the "standard setup" in the for reference section and obviously it is easy to extrapolate this out to provide 2 gang 2 way switching. All my lights are wired loop-in from the master switch point to each light in turn, terminating at the last light. (One light run for each gang). 3- core between the switches, no problem there. Question is, where do I wire the main T&E from the CU into the 1st gang on the master switch (assumed live to L1 and Neutral to L2 ?) and how do I get a feed from the 1st gang to the 2nd gang ?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
No - you've got it completely wrong, and have not looked at the diagrams in the Reference topic properly.

The cable from the CU runs to the first ceiling rose, not to a switch.

Also, your suggestion about putting Live in L1 and Neutral in L2 shows that you don't understand the basics of potential difference and current flow, nor how a 2-way light switch works.

Are you sure you should be doing whatever it is you are doing?

i agree with ban-all-sheds, if you can not follow a digram, then in my opinion you should not be doing the job.

nothing personal, its just i would like to see you being able to post on here again, as opposed to ...............

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back