2 gang light swith incorporating intermediate and 1/2way

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have an intermediate switch on the landing and wish to change the cord pull switch in the bathroom to a rocker switch on the landing wall socket. Can I use the existing box with a new two gang switch. I don't seem to be able to find a suitable two gang switch incorporating the two different terminal connections. Can a two way switch be adapted for the intermediate wiring?.

Sponsored Links
An intermediate switch can be used as a 2-way switch, but not vice versa.

To use an intermediate switch as a 2-way, just wire what you'd normally put into common on the 2-way into a terminal on one side of the switch, and then the normal L1/L2 into the terminals on the other side of it.

quote="rebuke";p="1058993"]An intermediate switch can be used as a 2-way switch, but not vice versa.

To use an intermediate switch as a 2-way, just wire what you'd normally put into common on the 2-way into a terminal on one side of the switch, and then the normal L1/L2 into the terminals on the other side of it.[/quote]
Thanks Rebuke, so a two gang intermediate will do the trick

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back