2 junction terminals from ring mains?

Thanks Dingbat. Trouble is that the nearest and only socket is at the other end of the room and is nicely burried in the wall. I guess I could break up the wall leading to the socket but how do I do this without damaging the original wiring?!

I think I'd be out of my depth here as a lowly DIYer... I add a new wire to the original socket, run this to my new socket, run another wire to the second socket and then a thrid wire back to the original socket? That's a lot of wire compared to adding a JB close to where I want the sockets adding but I can see why it's safer.

To summarise my situation: I have a socket at one end of the room with the 2 ring mains wires running from this through the middle of the room off to another room. The wire feednig the original socket is running along the back wall. There are no other sockets to tap into.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back