2 keypads for house alarm

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
can i use 2 keypads for a house alarm, 1 at front door, 1 at back door, daughter has just bought her first flat and i want to get an alarm in, she will use front door most of the time, but as she can park through the pen close she will use the back as well, so is it feasible/possible/worth the trouble, to have a keypad at each door so obviously the alarm can be armed/disarmed from either, or would it be better to fit the keypad in the middle of the hall, equal distance from both doors with a bit longer on the timer (if that is possible)
thanks in advance for the good advice i know i will get

Sponsored Links
Keypad at each door is not a problem at all.
Much better than setting a longer delay. This would probably not work anyway as to get to the centrally located keypad you would possibly have had to go through a protected area meaning you had to add delays to more and more sensors.
I always try to get delays to a minimum or none at all if possible.

I have a tall house with a lot of stairs and a bad leg so I have an extra pad upstairs, so I can set it at night without having to clamber down. I suspect some people might not bother.

Depending on your alarm you might need to change settings. Mine has no delay if a door is opened that is not the Final Exit (front) door once it is set. Mine's a Galaxy.

I have a tall house with a lot of stairs and a bad leg so I have an extra pad upstairs, so I can set it at night without having to clamber down. I suspect some people might not bother.

Depending on your alarm you might need to change settings. Mine has no delay if a door is opened that is not the Final Exit (front) door once it is set. Mine's a Galaxy.

You can set more than one door as an EE on modern systems.

Sponsored Links
many thanks, thats what i hoped to hear, will get the alarm guy onto it when he is free

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back