2 mcb's to switch off 1 ring circuit

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Someone has come to isolate one of their s/o circuits and realised that they have to switch off 2 mcb's to cut the power to the socket they want to replace, there are 4 32a mcb's in total all marked sockets, the cable is 2.5mm he's *sure*
He doesn't think this has always been the case and they had a new kitchen fitted about a year ago which is the only time they've had anyone working on the c/u since they've owned the place.
Does that sound to you as if the kitchen fitters have stuck one of the legs back in the wrong mcb?
I know it needs sorting and it will be, just wondered if that's the likely scenario before I look at it...

Sponsored Links
Does that sound to you as if the kitchen fitters have stuck one of the legs back in the wrong mcb?
I know it needs sorting and it will be, just wondered if that's the likely scenario before I look at it...

That is the simplest error. But they may have cross linked two circuits else where in the house. Such as joining the ends of two radials (each with its own MCB) to make it a "ring"

Sponsored Links
Thats the opposite of a couple of jobs of late, the kitchen fitters have added a dishwasher in several rented properties, chopped the ring,hauled one end round the units and fitted a socket outlet to it (on the floor) job done :!: still keeps me in a job

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back