Same Sockets from 2 different MCB's?

who was that directed at, and in response to which statement?
In the absence of any quotes, or obvious answers to earlier questions an excellent ROT would be that it's directed at whoever wrote the statement immediately before it, and in response to the statement immediately before it.

If you write "Even if you're claiming to be at least as fastidious as he is, then I'd still stand by my "generally more relaxed" qualifier."

and then immediately following that you see "So you think that it is OK for a landlord to be relaxed about allowing incompetent tenants to create dangers in the electrical installation?" I'm surprised you can't see the connection.

Sponsored Links
midnight already and you've not had your quota of argument yet today? :LOL:
It's not like you to read so much into a simple statement like that

feel free to point out where I said that was OK before I respond

Feel free to point out where I said that you had said that, rather than asking you if you did think that.

Sponsored Links
It means that John D has been inventing things he thinks that other people mean.

"Inventing" is a bit strong!

"When ban all sheds uses words, they mean exactly what he chooses them to mean, nothing more and nothing less." If anyone makes any other impression, that's their problem.(y)

No - I do not choose any meaning which is not there.

If I had been asserting that you did think it was OK for a landlord to be relaxed about allowing incompetent tenants to create dangers in the electrical installation then I would not have put a question mark at the end.

That question mark made it a question, not an assertion.

I do not choose any meaning which is not there.
Not where? In your thesaurus, or a relevant British standard.;)
I'm not sure what aim we are debating towards - I know what you're like, I hopefully know what I'm like, I suspect you are aware of your own personality, so we are not learning anything new!
I'm certainly not likely to add any stain to your character.

I suspect you are aware of your own personality

Actually, very few people are aware of their personality, because it's invariably viewed from other peoples point of view. In this way, one may consider another persons personality acceptable, whilst another thinks they are the fiend from hell - so who's right, and who's wrong.

To each of us, we are correct and okay - whatever someone else may think of us, and if they don't like us, that's their problem.

Actually, very few people are aware of their personality, because it's invariably viewed from other peoples point of view.
Well, some people are repeatedly receiving/hearing/seeing comments about their personality from others - which may give them some clues.
In this way, one may consider another persons personality acceptable, whilst another thinks they are the fiend from hell - so who's right, and who's wrong.
True, but that's different. Personality, per se, is not really a subjectively-judged thing, but other people's feelings about someone's personality certainly is very subjective - and, as you say, pretty varied.
To each of us, we are correct and okay - whatever someone else may think of us, and if they don't like us, that's their problem.
The first part of that is true. However, as for the latter bit, some people are desperately concerned about how others view them.

Kind Regards, John

Unfortunately this site has a lot of people who, when they don't like someone else, make it everybody's problem by abandoning all standards of reason and rationality and indulging their childish desire to have a pop at them.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back