2 port motorised valve

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Story-I have Valliant condeser boiler for HW and CH.Get HW OK But since summer only get CH some times when RF stat calls for it.SCR seems to be OK.Have Drayton Zone valve actuator!! is this a motorised valve???
Theres a black lever at the top - can I safly move this to see if heating comes on? and its got a tab on the side with A & :?: B marked on it.Whats this for??

help please, regards to all.

Sponsored Links
Only 1 zone valve? :confused:
Are you sure there isn't a second? Or could it be a 3-port valve?
Which boiler do you have?

thanks Seco Services - unscrewed fixing screwon ZA5 but cover was tight to come off - didnt want to force it.(already broken stat cover)

bengasman!thanks for replying - Yes there are two two port valves,one for HW and one for CH.As my first post -I have moved the Black lever at the top, to the left and the boiler and CH started OK, but when I let go the lever it wound back to the 'OFF' position. The Drayton room stat Digistat RF and the SCR seem to interact OK and I have a perm green light on when heating called for the CH valve lever doesnt move., RED light only flickers every 5 mins(not perm On to indicate fault)
Boiler is Valliant ecoTEC condensing, been in bout 18 months.
I did have a Professional in to look at the systen .he fiddled about then said call Drayton.!!

Hope you can help, cheers

Sponsored Links
I would suspect the rf stat before anything.

try moving it closer to the boiler to see what happens.

Thanks all for your input.

It was the Drayton SCR RF receiver unit not sending sig to motor valve.

Both RF unit changed.All OK thanks

You Boys are good!!!!! :p

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back