2 port valve motor won't stop!!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

On saturday night i was woken by a loud clunking sound. I found that the 2 port valve that controls the central heating was making the noise. I removed the motor part of the valve and the clunking stopped. I thought the motor was screwed in some way so I ordered another (Siemens (Landis & Staefa) ZA-V222C Replacement Motor and Housing, however now I've fitted it the same thing happens. I've now seen (after using a torch!) that the motor is actually opening the valve but then instead of stopping when the valve is fully open, the motor continues running and trying to open it further... hense the clunking/banging sound. Has anyone got any ideas please??

Pete

Sponsored Links
check the rachet that the motor opens, you may find the teeth missing.

SiemensCSV2222-portzonevalve.jpg

check the rachet that the motor opens, you may find the teeth missing.
Yep your right, some of the teeth at the end where it would be open are worn. Not as bad as the pic but they are worn. Does this mean a new valve? or can the rachet be replaced?

Sponsored Links
Hi,

Just picked up the this thread, I have the same problem. The actuator teeth on the cam are worn, but what switches off the motor. I thought that the micro switch on the housing once engaged by the cam would switch off the motor but it does not. As far as I can see the motor will try and keep turning either grinding out the plastic teeth or burning out the motor.

Any advice welcome

Hi,

Just picked up the this thread, I have the same problem. The actuator teeth on the cam are worn, but what switches off the motor. I thought that the micro switch on the housing once engaged by the cam would switch off the motor but it does not. As far as I can see the motor will try and keep turning either grinding out the plastic teeth or burning out the motor.

Any advice welcome

the motors are designed to stall but everything has a finite life span i'm afraid
it's called wear and tear

Matt

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back