2 Pupil School.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
There is a rural school in our County that has 2 pupils in it, a brother and sister. It costs £100,000 per year to run this school. The council wanted to shut it for obvious reasons, but the SNP Scottish Executive :LOL: overuled the council and ordered them to keep it open.There is another school just 5 or 6 miles up the road with far more pupils in it. The argument is that come time, the area will regenerate and more pupils will come to the school. A year or two ago, the school had 4 pupils. In the meantime, £100,000 per year from local taxpayers.. :eek:

Roughcaster.

Sponsored Links
But is all that money coming from local taxpayers?

Surely most of it comes from taxpayers in the south of England?

I should keep quiet about it if I were you.

That'll be the Council tax payers this time Xerxes, and anyway, that other argument doesn't bother me,we're all part of the UK. We should all be equal.
I'm from the south of England, but i've lived up here for years. I'll always be an Englishman and support all things English. Still have loads of family down in good old Hampshire ( God's County) ;)

I'll find out how many teachers Deluks.

Roughcaster.

Sponsored Links
Total waste of money and can not be doing the kids any benefit either, I am sure would be far more cost effective for kids to travel to other school. I hated to think what kind of social skills these kids will have after finishing school, just does not make sense.

Would be cheaper to hire cab every morning for the pair of 'em.

That wouldn't surprise me either nowadays. Job for life too. In the paper today, public sector workers cost the country £1.1 Billion in sick leave each year. Public Sector unions say it's got nothing to do with the sick note culture, it's all to do with stress at work. Ok. Believe that you'll believe anything. Far too much dead wood floating around as well. Get rid of half of them and they'd never be missed. They just keep these useless dinosaur union leaders in a job too.

Roughcaster.

Sponsored Links
Back