600,000?

But it isn't going to happen is it? As I've illustrated in the past - the Government NEEDS cheap labour to keep the UK afloat.

well,as you seem to have access to a fortune tellers globe, and therefore unprecedented knowledge of the future, i bow to your psychic powers.

Sponsored Links
Do you really think it will? As soon as the election is over they'll conveniently forget all about it.

As I've illustrated in the past - the Government NEEDS cheap labour to keep the UK afloat.

Joe has a point about the cheap labour, however-
If there was a amnesty for the 600000 or 2million depending upon who you believe, they would all end up with the rights to minimun wage ,holiday and sick pay. Given that employers are already saying that a small rise in NI payments would lead to job cuts what would the consequences of an amnesty be? Answer more unemployment amongst the imigrant population all of who would now be also eligible for dole and social payments. In short it would cost us all to grant an amnesty.

But it isn't going to happen is it? As I've illustrated in the past - the Government NEEDS cheap labour to keep the UK afloat.

In that case, why have so many jobs been transferred abroad to even cheaper labour markets?
Do you think the minimum wage needs re-evaluating downwards?

Sponsored Links
As I've illustrated in the past - the Government NEEDS cheap labour to keep the UK afloat.

Joe has a point about the cheap labour, however-
If there was a amnesty for the 600000 or 2million depending upon who you believe, they would all end up with the rights to minimun wage ,holiday and sick pay. Given that employers are already saying that a small rise in NI payments would lead to job cuts what would the consequences of an amnesty be? Answer more unemployment amongst the imigrant population all of who would now be also eligible for dole and social payments. In short it would cost us all to grant an amnesty.

Indeed, let's keep the illegals illegal and get better at shipping them out, getting tough on employers etc.
If they have no where to live, nowhere to work and no way of getting credit or money and as soon as they are caught they are deported they not come back...and yes the cost would be high, but it would decrease the numbers wanting to come and would be a good investment.

You can also pass laws to make it easier to track em down, such as making it illegal to treat anyone in hospital if they cant prove citizenship, ......

Brilliant suggestion: just arrived on a stretcher at hospital, unconcious, questioned about citizenship.....no answer...no treatment!

Sounds a bit like the American anectdotes of casualties not being transported to hospital 'cos they don't have insurance.

they would all end up with the rights to minimun wage , They're not entitled now so they undercut the minimum wage and they pay no tax or NI
holiday and sick pay. so they don't take holidays and can't go sick
Given that employers are already saying that a small rise in NI payments would lead to job cuts what would the consequences of an amnesty be? More tax revenue. Admittedly more NI payments but then the rise may not be needed. Answer more unemployment amongst the imigrant population all of who would now be also eligible for dole and social payments. I don't follow your logic here

They can stay after 14 years anyway
I wonder how many know that??

Brilliant suggestion: just arrived on a stretcher at hospital, unconcious, questioned about citizenship.....no answer...no treatment!

Sounds a bit like the American anectdotes of casualties not being transported to hospital 'cos they don't have insurance.

It happens, ive been there. You're entitled to emergency life saving treatment free, but once your stable, if you dont have insurance or a credit card your out on the street.

Sponsored Links
Back