2 rads cold at the bottom

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Just had central heating fitted and 2 rads are cold at the bottom, plus what i`ve noticed is the thermostatic are on the (cold side) whilst all the others are on the (hot side). Could this be the problem? I`d call the plumber back but he`s on his hols

Sponsored Links
Most modern valves don't mind which end they are - look to see if there's double headed arrow - like <-----> with a 90 degree bend in the
middle!

First turn off the other rads and see if the 2 get hot. Are they furthest from the pump?

Thanks for the reply i`ve looked at the thermostat and can`t see anything like what you`ve said. The rads are the two before the last rad(if that makes sense) but the very last one heats up fine. By the way the 2 rads in question are back to back they could only be plumbed in this way because of the floor (solid concrete to floor board)

Sponsored Links
Managed to speak to the plumber? and he`s said i`ve used the wrong size of pipe. I`ve used 15mm through is he tryna pull a fast un

well how much heat do your rads loose and how much heat can you push through the pipework you have

is it just me or is this slag the plumber day :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

Slag the plumber day was Thursday kev :LOL: :LOL:

I'm left wondering who fitted this now, to start with the plumber was on holiday so we assumed he fitted it, now you say the plumber says the pipes are too small :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

teash said:
Managed to speak to the plumber? and he`s said i`ve used the wrong size of pipe. I`ve used 15mm through is he tryna pull a fast un

15mm should supply 17000 btu,s

doitall said:

I'm left wondering who fitted this now, to start with the plumber was on holiday so we assumed he fitted it, now you say the plumber says the pipes are too small :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:
No need to get smart i just thought it was a bit inconsiderent phoning him whilst he was on his hols, but thought what the hell i`ve paid my money and wanted some answers

teash said:
doitall said:

No need to get smart i just thought it was a bit inconsiderent phoning him whilst he was on his hols, but thought what the hell i`ve paid my money and wanted some answers

Fine but did the plumber fit undersized pipes as he now say or did someone else fit undersized pipes, because if the plumber did it then he should put it right at his expense.

While it is not required to have cap in hand, bend at the knees and grovel, to ask a question and expect the regulars (Kevin, Doitall and others) to answer, to use a term like 'do not get smart' is downright rude. This kind of attitude will ceratinly not get you answers to your problems.

Are these two rads new or were they existing. If existing it more than likely to be sediment build up - if so then they need flushing

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back