2 rads cold, microbore pipes

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My CH system is pump & header tank type, 2 1st floor rads have never worked. Boiler is on ground floor in garage, hot tank in airing cupboard on 1st floor, expansion tank in the loft. System is connected with microbore pipes.

After trying everything I have read about (balancing, bleeding, draining & refilling system, removing & flushing the cold rads), they still don't work.

Is the likely cause a block in the pipes? Does this mean carpets & floorboards up? Or can I safely use a flushing chemical? I'm nervous about making things worse, by moving the pipe blockage (if that's what it is) to a more serious place & stoppoing more rads from working.

Thanks for any advice.

Sponsored Links
You could try something like Kamco Hyperflush, though there is Fernox and Sentinel as well as others, to clean the system. This chemical lowers the surface tension, and allows the chemical into the blocked bits. Leave it in for a couple of weeks, and see if it helps. It may find some leaks, but you can fix this with leaksealer.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back